Wilson Commencement Park is open to single-parent families who demonstrate the desire and motivation to benefit from and make maximum use of all services offered. However, there are certain restrictions and considerations:
- You must understand that Wilson Commencement Park is a transitional, drug-free program. It is not emergency housing. The maximum stay is two years. During your stay, you will receive a number of support services. Support services will remain available to you up to one year after program graduation.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have legal custody of your children, and they must be currently living with you.
- You must have the ability to pay your monthly rent and be able to document your sources of income (e.g., earnings, shelter allowance).
- Admission will not be on a first come/first serve basis.
- Every applicant must be enrolled in a full-time educational/vocational program or have a full-time job or a combination of both to equal full-time participation.
- You must participate in three Wilson Commencement Park Life Skills Workshops ONCE a month.
- You must meet with your Family Life Coach at least TWICE a month.
- You must meet with the Career Development Coordinator at least ONCE a month.
- You must maintain current mental health treatment plan if applicable.
- You must pay rent and utilities on time.
- You must pass monthly housing inspections.
- You must comply with the Wilson Commencement Park Guest Policy.
- Residents must follow all rules and policies of the Wilson Commencement Park community.
- There are several steps to the application process. See the links below for more information.